Electric Meter Pan Diagnosis, Upgrades & Replacement

Keeping current with electrical demands can save you money and keep you safe.
Older homes may be inadequate in terms of overall power outlets and supply. Meter pan upgrades will increase the electrical capacity of your system. Also, old panels often lack space to add circuits and may be unsafe.

Many insurance companies will withhold coverage on homes with older panels including fused panels, 60 amp panels, and panels with a round meter socket (anything less than 100 amp panel). When selling your home, 100 amp panel service is typically a requirement.

What does a service upgrade involve?

Removing your old panel or fuse system and replacing it with a new circuit breaker box is typically what is needed for a standard service upgrade. Old circuits will be tied into the new system, and the old meter socket and weather head are replaced with new equipment. It’s also the perfect time to add dedicated circuits. Our estimators are happy to include this work in your quote.

What are the signs that a service upgrade is needed?

  • Flickering lights
  • Unexplained power outages
  • Frequently tripping breakers
  • The existence of fuses or a round meter socket
  • Crackling noise from the panel or a burning smell
  • You’re planning to remodel
  • Flickering lights
  • You have loose connections (they can spark or burn)
  • Your panel is overheating